Wednesday 16 February 2011

More Dumbing Down....

Yesterday I complained about the dumbing down of America through the conservative media. I take it back. Depressingly Ms Zito must represent the intellectuals of the right wing media. This morning while flipping through various news agencies I came across the Fox Nation website with Rush Limbaugh's response to a caller on his talk show about the recent elections.

Now I don't think Rush Limbaugh is actually as stupid as he sounds so I have to assume that his suggestion that if the Health Care Reform isn't repealed then "We go Egypt on Obama" is insinuating running street battles with the police until Obama resigns?

Is he serious? I will be travelling to California for the next couple of weeks-should I be worried? Jesting aside, just what is Mr Limbaugh suggesting. He goes on to say "And, by the way, Obama can't complain if we go Egypt on him because he said that's how democracy works, that's what he said on Friday. This is the way real democracy works, so he can't complain if it happens to him, and it will."

We are a democracy. Egypt wasn't, and still isn't. But then if I look at the Fox Nation website I get a pretty good idea of their idea of democracy. They are "opposed to intolerance, excessive government control of our lives and attempts to monopolize opinion..." Really?

Sounds more like do what we say, or prepare to do battle.

1 comment:

  1. Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot, as Al Franken cogently noted.

    ReplyDelete